Children UK courts as a tool of children’s social protection
The article analyzes the process of juvenile offenders children’s protection in the UK. The current structure of social protection of orphans and children deprived of parental care in the UK has three levels: state, regional, local. Between them are close interrelationship in solving the problems of children. The child is protected from birth until they reach adulthood and enter the adult life, getting social security, psychological and legal support from various agencies. Although each part of the United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland) has differences in terms of legislative and organizational structure - they follow a single strategy - providing care and support to orphans and children deprived of parental care. Their work aims to provide effective social protection of such population. The author offers the stages of courts procedures in different parts of Great Britain and gives the differences of every. The features of the process and stages of children’s hearings in Scotland are suggested in the article. The author highlights the role and function of children’s courts, punishment of children of this category, as well as the factors that determine the place of juvenile offenders punishment.
1. Джудит С. Р. Социально-психологическая помощь семьям и детям групп риска : [практ. пособ.] : в 4 т. / Джудит С. Райкус, Рональд С. Хьюз. – М. : Национальный фонд защиты детей от жестокого обращения, 2008. – Т. 1. – Концептуальные основы социальной работы с детьми. – 288 с.
2. Getting it right for every child. – Section 1. The Children’s Hearing System. – Edinburgh : Scottish Executive, 2004. – 12 p.
3. Hugh B. Law for Social Workers / Brayne Hugh, Carr Helen. – New York : Oxford University Press, 2010. – 694 p.
4. The Official Yearbook of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland / Office for National Statistics. – London : TSO, 2005. – 537 p.
5. Vincent Sh. Inter-Agency Guidance in Relation to Child Protection: A UK Comparison // Briefing. – 2008. – № 2. – Appendix 1.
- There are currently no refbacks.